Micro:bit latest version v2.2
You do not need to distinguish between the micro:bit V2.0 and V2.2 in everyday use.
You do not need to modify your programs, scripts, editors or printed resources. Any hex files you have that work on micro:bit V2 will work on the updated micro:bit V2.2
This revision will still be referred to as a “micro:bit V2”, but will have the revision number V2.2 (compared to V2.0 for the existing micro:bit V2).
Micro:bit detail as below link:
- Upgraded version of the popular pocket-sized computer
- Backwards compatible with previous accessories - easily pick up right where you left off!
- Great new features include built in microphone, speaker and touch sensor.
- Four times the processing power and eight times as much RAM
- Great for STEM educational learning for people of all ages!
The BBC Micro:Bit V2 is a brand new powerful updated version of everyones favourite pocket-sized computer! Jam-packed with new features and functions including a microphone, speaker and better processor allowing you to achieve much more than the previous micro:bit allowed. You can code, customize and control your micro:bit from anywhere. You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more, and at half the size of a credit card, you will be surprised at the amount of hardware each new board is equipped with
One of the most notable features that has been changed with the new V2 is the look of the edge connector. Now featuring notches, it is easier than ever to connect crocodile clips or conductive thread to the edge connector. Other great new features include:
It is also backwards compatible with most existing hardware and is coded in the exact same way meaning that you can pick up right where you left off in your lessons or learning at home!
Note: The BBC micro:bit requires a USB cable for programming purposes, and a battery holder & 2x AAA batteries to power the micro:bit if not connected to your computer
Note: Comes in a random colour, unboxed.
- 64 MHz Arm Cortex-M4 with FPU
- 512KB Flash
- 128KB RAM
- 5x5 Red LED Array
- Two Programmable Buttons, one touch-sensitive logo
- MEMS microphone and LED indicator
- Onboard Light, Compass, Accelerometer, Temp Sensors and Speaker
- 2.4 Ghz Micro:bit Radio/BLE 5.0 Smart Antenna
- 25-pin Edge Connector
- 4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, and ext. power
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Rings
- Two Power Rings --- 3V and GND
- Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- JST-PH Battery Connector (Not JST-XH) 3V
- Power Button with Status LED
- Program with C++, MakeCode, Python, Scratch
1 x Microbit Board v2.2